What another busy couple of weeks we have had since getting back from half term with more to come. So, in order to mark the significance of today’s date, what could be better than listing 11 things that have happened, or are about to happen in the school!
1. Last week Year 3 made their first visit to the woods to see what they look like in autumn. During the year they will go back and visit them in every season and see how they have changed. During the year pupils will be using photographs and videos to put together a presentation which we hope to share with you and the children of Canon Barnett school in London.
2. This week we have been visited by the Inspectors from Ofsted – they came on Monday and Tuesday to see our school in action. We will share their report with you when it comes in about 2 week’s time.
3. On a very wet and muddy lunchtime a big group of pupils took part in the second cross-country run of the season with some superb results and many pupils beating their personal bests.
4. Yesterday 7 of our girls went to represent the school in the County finals of the Girls’ Football Tournament with some superb games and great results.
5. Over the last few days pupils in Year 5 and from across the school have been busy making lanterns and decorating them with quotes about love. These will be used in the:
6. St Austell Torchlight carnival which will take place next Saturday night (19th November).
7. We heard in assembly this morning about the group of Year 6 pupils who decided to hold a cake and juice sale a couple of weeks ago and raised over £37 which will go towards Children in Need (See 11.)
8. Pupils from across the school have been working with a local circus group and gave us a performance of their skills this morning with plate spinning, ribbon dancing, juggling and more.
9. Mrs Matthews has been busy setting up the book fair today – every class has been in to see the selection of books today and they will be on sale next week in the evening. 5 pupils each won a £5 voucher after entering a competition to design a new chocolate bar or a new historical character.
10. This weekend sees the swimathon – will the boys team manage to get a blue ribbon on the trophy this year, or will it stay pink for the third year in a row?
11. Next Friday sees the school go spotty for Children in Need. Look out for information about some of the events going on – there will be shirt painting, sponge throwing, spotty clothes wearing, bingo, guessing the number of sweets in the jar and more!